Community Free Tax Clinic 2014
Canadian Newa Guthi (CNG) is pleased to announce that it is going to conduct Free Tax Clinics at various locations in the GTA for newcomers to Canada during this tax season. It is our honor that NRN Canada and NCCS are also joining hands with the CNG in this program. The Tax Clinics will be conducted under the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) of Revenue Canada Agency (CRA). It will be the fourth year the CNG is going to conduct such program in the GTA. In this program CNG’s volunteers will prepare 2013 tax and benefit returns free of charge for newcomers to Canada from Nepalese community. The volunteer team comprises of Canadian designated professional accountants and those actively pursuing such designations.
Please be informed that the free service will be provided only to the newcomers to Canada and for the purpose of this program, as decided by the CNG, the newcomers include only those members of Nepalese Community who landed in Canada in the calendar year 2013. However, keeping in view the interest shown in the prior years’ Tax Clinics by many community members who were not newcomers to Canada (as defined above) or otherwise ineligible for the free service as per the CVITP guideline, the CNG has also made an arrangement to provide the service to such individuals/families charging a reasonable fee. For your information, the service with fee will be provided outside the CVITP program and all fees collected will go to the CNG’s fund as donations.
If you are interested to avail these services (free service as well as service with a fee) please book your appointment for one of the Tax Clinics listed below as soon as possible. Please note that the available slots for the services are limited (slots available only for 20 – 25 persons or about 15 families at each location).
Please book your time in advance to avoid disappointment. The clinic will be held at the following locations on mentioned date and time.
Tax Clinic 1
Date : March 16, 2014 (Sunday)
Time : 11:00 – 5:00 PM
Location : TBD (Scarborough)
This clinic is designated for Bhutanese of Nepalese origin
Tax Clinic 2
Date : March 23, 2013 (Sunday)
Time : 10:00 – 4:30 PM
Location : COMMUNITY MATTERS TORONTO
260 Wellesley St E #102, Toronto, ON M4X 1G6
This clinic is jointly organized with NCCS and open for all community members eligible for free service and also to those not eligible for the free service but are willing to pay a fee.
Tax Clinic 3
Date : March 30, 2013 (Sunday)
Time : 11:00 – 5:00 PM
Location : TBD (Brampton)
This clinic is jointly organized with NRN-Canada and open for all community members eligible for free service and also to those not eligible for the free service but are willing to pay a fee.
Tax Clinic 4
Date : TBD
Time : TBD
Location : Waterloo/Kitchener
This Tax Clinic is open for the community members eligible for free service only.
*** Please bring required documents from below list those all which applys to you in the tax clinic.
- Names and SIN of spouse and dependents (all participating adult members of the family need to be present at the tax clinic in person)
- A copy of 2012 return, including spouse’s return (not applicable to newcomer)
- 2012 Notice of Assessment (not applicable to newcomer)
- RC62 – Universal child care benefit
- T4 – Employment income
- T4E - Income from employment insurance
- T5007 - Workers compensation/social assistance payments
- RRSP Contributions
- Receipt of Medical, dental, prescription drugs etc.
- Charitable donations
- T2202A – Tuition fees/education amount
- Public transit passes
- Child care receipts (for camp etc.)
- Receipt of property taxes or residential rent paid and name of payee
- T2201 – Disability tax credit claim form completed by authorized health practitioner
- Receipt for Children's participation in programs related to physical activity and arts